Become The Carillon’s New Advertising Manager
Wondering where the Carillon staff has space for someone who’s personable, organized, and able to work independently while in a team environment?
Able to sell people not just on products but on ideas?
Well, we might have a spot for you.
The Carillon is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic person to fill the position of Advertising Manager for the rest of the 2011-12 publishing year!
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Selling ads to local and provincial customers for upcoming issues of the Carillon
- Ensuring ads are to correct measurements and submitted before the end of production
- Maintaining current advertiser relationships and building new ones
- Developing strategies to attract advertisers while representing the Carillon‘s strengths as a brand
- Ensuring that invoices and remittances are collected and distributed in a timely manner
- Communication with the Carillon Newspaper Inc. board of directors and the editorial board, especially the editor-in-chief and the business manager
- Working with Campus Plus, the Canadian University Press-owned national advertising agency
- Keeping regular office hours each week
- That you probably won’t look like Don Draper – or even be a dude in the first place – but you are nevertheless enthusiastic about the idea of selling advertising spaces in the only editorially and financially independent student-run newspaper in Regina, Saskatchewan
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Strong commitment to editorial identity and building a brand based on quality journalism and compelling writing
- Support from editorial staff in tackling job-related issues
- Regular communication from editorial staff
- Assistance in developing attractive and compelling resources – like, say, a media kit for advertisers – from the business manager, editor-in-chief, and production manager
- Access to a Canada-wide network of fellow advertising representatives from other campus papers
- Probably some of the most fun you’ll ever have in an office environment
- Free food every Monday, which we probably can’t oversell
- Did we mention that the position is paid on commission
Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Advertising manager application” by midnight on Wednesday, Nov. 23. Hiring takes place on Sunday, Nov. 27. We hope to hear from you soon.